This job posting is no longer active.
Location: Pasadena, CA, United States
Date Posted: Dec 14, 2021
About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
If you are passionate, energetic and thrive on new opportunities, look no further. We are seeking an Executive Underwriter for our Global Business Unit!
Underwrites large property and casualty accounts; evaluates and develops special coverages; rates plans for clients; assists in reinsurance transactions as required; assists managers with key property casualty underwriting and departmental workflow related issues as necessary.
1. Underwrites and prices large risks, consolidated programs, mergers and acquisitions, large deductible, self insured retention programs and other alternative risk mechanisms.
2. Determines the acceptability of risks for underwriting.
3. Binds various coverages subject to authority level and answers inquiries from producers.
4. Prepares quotations and formal proposals on new and renewal business.
5. Places and binds reinsurance as needed.
6. Reviews and approves property casualty profiles and referrals as needed. In such cases, ensures that documentation is completed timely and accurately according to Regional and Corporate standards.
7. Provides technical input and guidance to property casualty underwriting staff as needed.
8. Assist Managers in addressing and resolving overdues, workflow and various clerical issues within the Unit as necessary.
9. Effectively communicates with management on all issues both within and outside the Unit as needed.
10. Interacts and coordinates activities with other departments (e.g. Claims, Loss Control, Client Solutions, and Accounting). Working in coordination with Corporate and other underwriting departments as necessary.
11. Recommends new procedures and programs where warranted.
12. Furnishes intelligence on large account market, including competitor strengths and weaknesses.
13. Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
College degree preferred or equivalent.
At least ten years of underwriting experience in property/casualty insurance underwriting with five or more years in large (casualty accounts) and CPCU or related designation preferred.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.