Location: Jersey City, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Nov 9, 2021
About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed to write all lines in 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
If you are passionate, energetic and thrive on new opportunities, look no further. We are seeking an AVP in Corporate Underwriting, Casualty Products.
Lead, manage and achieve profit for Casualty and related lines of business by developing an underwriting, pricing and product strategy that positions Tokio Marine to meet client's needs, build company revenues and achieve our corporate profit, growth and return on risk objectives.
2. Primary Job Duties
In connection with Casualty Lines
• Develops and implements underwriting strategy including underwriting policies, guidelines , procedures, price levels, limits and coverage scope in accordance with the Company's risk appetite and Global guidelines.
• Leads staff including WC Product Manager(s) and Auto and Casualty Product Specialist(s). Provides leadership and oversight around all aspects of human resources including staffing, training, development and performance management.
• Monitors underwriting results, develops and implements underwriting guidelines and procedures to achieve corporate objectives.
• Develops and implements a filing strategy. Monitors rate adequacy and oversees the rate review and filing process to achieve corporate objectives.
• Works with Business Segment Leaders and other areas of the organization to identify product development needs. Manages the development, maintenance and filing of policy, endorsements and new coverages with associated pricing and rules and internal underwriting tools.
• Monitors legal, competitive and regulatory climate to identify trends and develop appropriate strategies.
• Implements underwriting reviews and evaluation to ensure compliance with corporate standards and regulatory requirements.
• Provides technical consulting and training to Field Underwriting staff and expertise to the Company overall.
• Supports treaty reinsurance strategies and purchase.
• Oversees operational process of staff and directs efforts to improve accuracy and/or increase efficiency.
• Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities.
• College Degree preferred
• CPCU or equivalent Professional designation preferred
• Minimum of 10-15+ Years in the P &C business,
• Management experience preferred
• Minimum of 10 Years Casualty Underwriting experience
• Knowledge of bureau (e.g. ISO, NCCI) requirements
• Proven track record with Compliance related issues.
• Experience with Internal Audits preferred
• Experience with Tokio Marine systems preferred
• Strong Personal Computer skills
• Excellent verbal and written Communication skills
• Positive team participation and attributes preferred
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.