Location: Jersey City, NJ, United States
Date Posted: Sep 27, 2021
About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
The Underwriter Trainee will learn all aspects of HPR Underwriting, rating and process. This includes a review of coverage terms and conditions, basics of Property Underwriting, catastrophe modeling, pricing concepts, workflow management and file documentation.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Complete training assignments as provided.
2. Assist in performing routine tasks within a closely supervised setting.
3. Develop a working knowledge of TMA technology required to process your work.
4. Input information into RMS, analyze and summarize CAT exposures as directed by the Underwriter.
5. Work with ePERFORM rating system to understand pricing concepts. Assist in developing pricing
6. Analyze, evaluate and review information to determine profitability of new and renewal accounts.
7. Prepare Underwriting Referral Form (URF).
8. Prepare quotations on new and renewal business.
9. Order Loss Control surveys as applicable.
10. Assist Underwriter in completing file documentation in compliance with both internal and department of
11. Provide rating instructions and policy issuance instructions to offshore staff.
12. Review and audit offshore work product including RMS entry, ePERFORM and policy issuance.
13. Supplement on the job training with other training as recommended.
14. Prioritize work to meet deadlines and established company time service goals.
15. Cooperate with co-workers to foster a teaming atmosphere.
16. Work closely with all internal departments including Client Solutions, Corporate Underwriting, Loss Control
and Premium Accounting to support client service goals. This may include in-person training, mentor/mentee coaching sessions, and other on-site projects.
17. Establish and maintain positive, professional relationships with producers.
18. Develop a high degree of trust through demonstrated personal integrity and a commitment to excellence.
19. Comply with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities
and/or administrative activities at Company.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.