About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Manage and achieve profit for the Commercial and Personal Auto line of business by developing and managing underwriting, product and pricing strategies that positions Tokio Marine to meet client’s needs, build company revenues and achieve our corporate growth, profit and return on risk objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Develops and implements underwriting strategy including underwriting policies, guidelines, procedures, price levels, limits and coverage scope in accordance with the Company’s risk appetite and Global guidelines.
- Monitors underwriting results, develops and implements underwriting and pricing guidelines to achieve corporate objectives.
- Implements a filing strategy. Monitors and maintains rate adequacy and oversees the rate review and filing process to achieve corporate objectives
- Reviews the operational process of product line. Recommends and/or directs efforts to improve accuracy and/or increase efficiency and/or compliance.
- Creates an environment that: fosters teamwork and respect; empowers and develops others; values diversity; and supports all internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides manuscript form wording expertise to Field Underwriting and the Company overall.
- Manages the development, maintenance and filing of policy, endorsements and new coverages with associated pricing, rules and internal underwriting tools.
- Monitors legal, competitive and regulatory climate to identify trends and develop appropriate strategies.
- Implements underwriting reviews and evaluation to ensure compliance with corporate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Provides lob experise to Field Underwriting and serves as an expert resource on rate, rule and form issues.
- Supports exposure management and treaty reinsurance process, as necessary
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities.
- College degree or equivalent.
- CPCU or equivalent professional designation preferred
- Minimum of 5 Years underwriting experience required, Product Line Management, preferred
- Knowledge of applicable bureau requirements (ISO, independent states)
- Proven track record with compliance related issues.
- Experience with Tokio Marine systems preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Strong project manager skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive team participation and attributes preferred
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.