About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed in all states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, and write all major lines of Commercial Property and Casualty Insurance. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 47 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $50 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Work with and assist the Underwriters, Technical Assistants, Ops Assistant Managers and Managers (Countrywide) in achieving production, time service, quality and regulatory compliance goals.
Essential Job Functions:
- Rate and Issue all transaction types related to ISO Property, COP, ISO and AAIS Inland Marine, Crime, General Liability, Automobile, Workers’ Compensation and Umbrella lines of business in the current policy rating and issuance system and following current TMM rules/filings and guidelines and underwriter’s instructions.
- Rate and issue Workers’ Compensation, Automobile and General Liability Large Deductible and Retrospective (Loss Sensitive Programs) policies under the direction of the Underwriter.
- Use the Commercial Lines Manual and other ISONet and AAIS products to confirm and apply ISO and AAIS rating rules & forms procedures.
- Use the applicable Workers Compensation Bureau websites to confirm and apply regulatory rating rules & forms procedures and pull WC experience modification forms.
- Perform basic loss analysis to determine eligibility and application of experience rating.
- Process reinsurance documentation including system entry to capture the transaction.
- Process supporting documents including but not limited to Workers compensation filings and posting notices, regulatory filings both electronic and manual.
- Prepare policy for e-mailing within required time frames.
- Use Corporate Underwriting Resource Portal (ex. specific Rating Tools) and other TMM related resources to select the applicable rate versions and apply TMM rules and filings.
- Participate in any internal audits.
- Conform to the specified authority statement provided by management.
- Partner with Underwriters; Accounting Department; Claims Department; Producers; Client Solutions and other TM Departments regarding transaction processing (e.g. policy issuance; endorsements; reinsurance entries; etc.).
- Assist with special projects as directed by management.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Complete all required TMM documentation including but not limited to RMS, FICOH, OnBase, TED Portal and Salesforce (Case Management).
- Update any TMM internal logs per the direction of your Supervisor/Manager.
- College Degree preferred.
- 4 years or more of technical assistant/rating commercial underwriting experience.
- Strong PC skills, with a focus on Word and Excel
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong multitasking skills
TMA believes the perfect candidate is more than just a resume. If you don't meet every single requirement, but are still interested in the job, please apply.
Salary range of $56k - $68k. Ultimate salary offered will be based on factors such as applicant experience and geographic location. Our company offers a competitive benefits package and bonus eligibility on top of base.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.