About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed to write all lines in 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Manages Bureau and Independent rate, rule and form filings and associated internal tools working with various internal and external staff for assigned lines of business. Support Product Line Managers on all areas of compliance to position Tokio Marine to meet client’s needs, build company revenues and achieve our corporate profit objectives.
Primiary Job Duties:
- Manages for assigned lines of business Bureau and Independent rate, rule and form filings coordinated with Product Managers, actuaries and other internal and external filing and system resources;. Manages current filings; and, reviews rate, rule, form changes to initiate new filings as assigned.
- Reviews bureau circulars to maintain compliance for both bureau and independent filings; and, takes the required action on all filings including state fee, tax and surcharge notifications.
- Assist in systems implementation for Corporate Underwriting matters; Effective in working with vendor programmers and filers.
- Proficiency with the Property & Casualty SERFF state filings system; completion of transmittal, actuarial (set-up), and state filing forms.
- Follows Company Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to meet compliance specifications for each individual line of business assigned; including updates to internal tools and State Filings Database with CUW Operations.
- Product Development support to Product Line manager; including competitor filing research Management and development of specific tools necessary to meet compliance, as assigned, including support to the branch file review process, and support to CUW training.
- Product Line planning and implementation, including Field UW communication (along w/ CUW team).Expertise to Field UW on specific filing issues, refer to Product Manager(s) as needed. Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities; including data systems.
- Able to identify procedural improvements and make recommendations to CUW leaders.
- All other duties as assigned by the Product Manager
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- College Degree preferred CPCU or equivalent
- Professional designation preferred.
- Minimum of 5 Years of experience in the P&C business.
- Preferred Minimum of 2 Years of experience in Underwriting-related work experience.
- Familiarity with SERFF filing system Knowledge of a national rating bureau and independent state bureaus required.
- Experience with Compliance-related issues. Experience with Internal Audits a plus
- Strong Computer skills in Outlook, Word and Excel. Strong math skills – such as deriving the percentage changes.
- Strong verbal and written Communication skills.
- Participation in previous Corporate Projects a plus Detail oriented.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.