About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed to write all lines in 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Evaluate and price Commercial Property risks. Determine acceptability and recommend Underwriting action consistent with Corporate/Departmental goals and objectives. Evaluate overall accumulation as it relates to individual risks in CAT prone areas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Understand and comply with Underwriting guidelines, procedures, goals and objectives.
- Perform exposure analysis, determine and recommend Underwriting actions. Identify appropriate Underwriting alternatives.
- Take Underwriting action within the scope of delegated authority. Transactions that exceed authority are referred using established format and procedures with applicable Underwriting recommendations.
- Responsible for account ownership by controlling new account submissions, renewals and all related transactions in terms of Underwriting, Loss Control, Audit, Loss Experience, file documentation, maintenance, and overall processing.
- Prepare all transactions including referrals, quotations, renewals, reinsurance placements, filings, account advisories etc. both accurately and timely in accordance with established guidelines, schedules and procedures.
- Complete all file documentation, and rating schedules in compliance with all internal Underwriting and state regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate account activities internally and externally within the scope of account ownership and authority.
- Maintain effective communication and rapport with Client Solutions and their staff members, clients (as applicable), producers, other departments, and unit staff members.
- Provide clear, concise requests and instructions on all account transaction matters to other departments and unit members as applicable.
- Review previously performed work for transaction accuracy and quality.
- Assist with the training and development of junior staff members.
- Develop market intelligence on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions.
- Ability to interface with members of team on a daily basis.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- College Degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Five years primary Commercial Property/Highly Protected Risk (HPR) Underwriting experience.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency with MS Office and related software applications.
- Participation in Insurance related course work including AAI and CPCU.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.