Location: Pasadena, CA, United States
Date Posted: Jul 25, 2019
About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed to write all lines in 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Underwrite Personal Lines risks in accordance with Tokio Marine Management’s corporate goals and guidelines while staying within individual authority as designated on the written authority statement,
Primary Job Duties
1) Examine and evaluate new business applications to select risks that meet company underwriting standards and within the level of authority.
2) Examine and evaluate existing business when changes in risk characteristics or coverage is made to determine continued acceptability.
3) Manage assigned producers to generate personal lines business. Develop the relationship, quality of submissions and loss ratios with the producers as it relates to Underwriting.
4) Proactively seek ways to improve one's own knowledge, function and skill within their job responsibilities with minimal supervision and prompting.
5) Make use of current TMM technology to process work. Update skills as necessary, including but not limited to PDPL, Guidewire, Word, and Excel programs.
6) Proactively seek ways to improve procedures that will help the unit obtain its objectives with minimal supervision and prompting.
7) Work closely with other internal departments such as claims and finance to meet client service goals and proper rating requirements
8) Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
1) Ability to work as part of a team and interface daily with team members.
2) Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
3) Regular and reliable attendance.
1) College degree preferred
2) Experience in at least automobile and Homeowners.
3) Dwelling Fire and Umbrella preferred
4) Two years’ Personal Lines Underwriting experience as an Underwriter or equivalent.
5) Good oral and written communication skills.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.