About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed to write all lines in 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Handle claims under automobile, general liability policies and liability claims, assigned by the immediate supervisor. Evaluate claims, investigate claims, negotiate settlement, and direct attorneys and independent vendors assigned to those claims.
Primary Job Duties
- Confirm coverage and policy information.
- Initially establish and maintain proper loss reserve, and negotiate loss settlements.
- Conduct in-house investigation by taking recorded statements, ordering police reports, reviewing repair estimates, securing medical reports, etc. Attend necessary meetings or appearances on assigned claims as directed or approved by Supervisor.
- Maintain control of outside vendors/attorney and their expenses by directing assignments to them, and limiting the scope of assignments so as to maximize cost efficiency while minimizing delays in claim handling. Such vendors/attorneys must not be used unless pre-approved by the manager. Adhere to provisions of Litigation Management Program and cost containment principles.
- Maintain compliance with Fair Claim Practices Act or rules and internal instructions.
- Keep Supervisor advised of significant developments in claims. Prepare required reports and other notices in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with and comply with all applicable provisions of Tokio Marine's Employee Handbook.
- Answer correspondence and inquiries promptly from brokers/agents, insureds, claimants, attorneys, outside vendors, TMM-employees, etc.
- Tender suits and non-suits to the primary insurance carriers.
- Verify Injuries on multi venued files.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- College Degree preferred
- Four to five years of experience
- Knowledge of Auto, General Liability policy coverage
- Knowledge of tort law, motor vehicle law, basic reinsurance, and coding related to claims technical matters
- Ability to negotiate settlement of claims in a timely and reasonable fashion.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good PC skills in Microsoft Office Suite
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.