About Tokio Marine:
Tokio Marine has been conducting business in the U.S. market for over a century and we are licensed to write all lines in 50 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia. We provide unique insurance and risk management tools from our experienced staff of account executives, underwriters and loss prevention engineers and fair and timely claim settlement from a skilled team of claim professionals. We work with major brokers and leading independent insurance agents throughout the United States to serve the world's largest and most distinguished organizations.
We are committed to creating value for our customers by providing ANSHIN (safety, security and peace of mind). We strive to be creative and passionate as we work towards our long-term success.
Tokio Marine Holdings is Japan's oldest, and one of the largest property and casualty insurers. Founded in 1879, TMNF operates worldwide in 38 countries. With annual revenues of approximately $18 billion and an A.M. Best rating of A++, one of the highest in the industry, we are one of the top 20 insurance providers worldwide.
Responsible for driving outstanding customer satisfaction based on consistent delivery of regulatory filing expertise, business line support and analytical skills using a variety of source information. The employee’s primary responsibility will be to prepare and process property & casualty auto adopt insurance filings for forms, rates and rules to state departments in 51 jurisdictions and process through web-based industry portal (SERFF). Assist Product Management team on all other filings by providing the necessary forms required by each state and processing the filing through SERFF. Additional responsibilities include coordinating objection letters or requests for additional information, gathering information, analyzing documents, executing internal processes, updating internal databases and managing resources related to corporate regulatory information and company insurance products.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare auto adopt filings for assigned lines of business and process though SERFF system.
- Update Circular Tracking system on all auto adopt and exempt filings for assigned lines of business.
- Work closely with Assistant Manager of Corporate Underwriting Operations to process filings through SERFF system all non-adopt Bureau and Independent filings as assigned.
- Data entry into internal systems, tools and databases on all filings as assigned.
- Coordinate all letters of objection or requests for additional information on assigned filings.
- Conduct pre-filing requirement verification/ review of filing submissions from PM staff.
- Understanding and knowledge of basic state regulatory filing requirements and regulatory environment.
- Understanding of SERFF state filings system and state filings forms.
- Manage and maintain regulatory information.
- Interface with various systems, databases, and vendor(s) to manage and implement filing activity and approved filings.
- Develop and maintain documentation for company products, departmental workflows, and resources.
- Research and analysis of compliance issues.
- Special Projects as assigned by Department Management.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at Company.
- Capability of owning issues and driving resolution. This person is required to think and act independently with minimal supervision.
- Adherence to corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to work as part of a team and interface daily with team members.
- Identify opportunities to improve internal team processes or supported business's processes, products, or services.
- Continuously enhance job/industry knowledge and skills through professional development activities.
- Performing special projects and other duties as may be assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- College Degree preferred.
- CPCU or equivalent Professional designation is a plus but not required.
- Minimum of 1-2 Years of experience in the P&C business.
- Preferred Minimum of 1 Years of experience in Underwriting or Filing unit.
- Knowledge of SERFF filing system.
- Knowledge of ISO commercial property and casualty products, NCCI manuals and circulars preferred.
- Basic knowledge of industry regulatory environment.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills required; Capable of making group presentations.
- Strong technical aptitude, with a demonstrated appreciation for customer and client services
- Dynamic, energetic, and decisive, with a visible sense of urgency
- Highly organized and detail oriented with strong prioritization abilities
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Adobe products is critical.
Tokio Marine Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to remain competitive we must attract, develop, motivate, and retain the most qualified employees regardless of age, color, race, religion, gender, disability, national or ethnic origin, family circumstances, life experiences, marital status, military status, or sexual orientation.